Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On Sunday We...

On Sunday we went to church. Because that is what we do.

In nursery, I watched the children happily eat their snack of graham crackers, gold-fishies, and bananas, learn a lesson about how important it is to go to church and take the sacrament to remember Jesus' sacrifice for us, sing Popcorn-Popping and then gather around, holding hands, and sing I Am a Child of God. A family brought a little neighbor girl, two years old, whom they were babysitting for the day. I saw her look around the room, mouth agape, staring in awe and amazement at this wonderful thing that we take for granted. Church. Primary. Nursery. And I realized how good I had it as a child, and how good my children now have it.

Jamie graduates from nursery and starts Sunbeams at the new year. Can it be? My brother, James, took him to nursery his very first day. I remember James coming to get him from me, and Jamie going into those trusted arms of Uncle's. Being carried to nursery and put down to go mingle with the other children. He's never looked back.

And he's introduced his little sister to the idea of nursery.

After church, we came home and ate lunch and put the children down for a nap. And then we laid together on the couch and finished this. It is delicious...5 episodes worth it. Then kiddos awakened from their slumbers, rested and happy. My parents came for a yummy dinner prepared by Adam. Then we played a game together found in the Friend involving looking up scriptures and coloring.

We spent the day resting. With family. Because that is what we do on Sunday.

2 comments:

Kevin and Kristen said...

Umm, do you still have that movie, Wives and Daughters? Looks fantastic! Can't wait to se you guys in a few days!

olivia (tringham) lyman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.