Saturday, August 8, 2009

For breakfast this morning:

Adam made pink pancakes for Miss Annabelle because she probably asked for them and since he likes to spoil her, he promptly made them. I wouldn't really know how it all went down, because I slept in until 9:00 this morning when Adam had finally had enough with being a super nice husband and entertaining the children so I could sleep, and let them come in and climb all over me. That is okay. It's delightful to be awakened by such lively, happy faces. He even saved me some pink pancakes and warmed them up for me as I sat down at the table.
Then, he took the children outside so that I could eat my pink pancakes in peace. To be able to sit in quiet solitude and reflect upon the morning while eating breakfast is really quite a treat. My ears are usually filled with children's chatter and persistent question-asking. (See post below.) I thought about the rose trees outside my window, and the friendly little bird who usually comes to greet us "good morning!" perched upon the neighbors fence, and my lovely windowed cabinets which bring the warm morning sunshine in to my kitchen.

I was so happy. Happy to be here, alive and well with two sweet little ones and a darling husband. Happy for this pretty view I have out my kitchen window. Grateful to my Heavenly Father for all the blessings: my home, my family, my life, this earth. I said a quick little prayer from my heart and moved to clear my plate and do the breakfast dishes.

What a happy start to a happy day.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Uh!! Lucky, I haven't had a full nights sleep in over a year.. and i never get to sleep in till 9! I wish someone would let me sleep. lol

Cindy Price said...

Your windowed cupboards are beautiful!! I have never seen anything like that!!

Kevin and Kristen said...

What a sweet guy! Kevin wants to know how he made the pink pancakes work, and I LOVE your kitchen and agree with how pleasant and peaceful it is to be in your house.

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful windowed cupboard. I have never seen anything like that!!
Thanks for posting....

--
Jhon
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments