Kristen tagged me, so here it is goes:
Randomness10 Random Things About Myself:
1. I have a webbed toe. Strange, I know, but on my left foot my second and third toes are stuck together with just a little opening at the top by the toenails. Very odd.
2. My lovely Optometrist had both me and my sis in bi-focals when we were little girls. It was pretty awesome. I wore glasses from the tender age of four until I switched to sweet contacts (love hate relationship) in high school. Then when I was in college, I got a little eye infection that did not allow me to wear my contacts, and I had to put back on my glasses. I started taking them on and off during class, and found that I could see just fine without them. I don't wear them at all anymore. It's a miracle!
3. I drove a 1969 VW Bug during college. She has cream colored paint and jaunty red interior and her name is Betty. My parents bought her when I started Cal Poly, and I slowly but surely paid them back for her. And then, when I was going to have my first baby and needed a more reliable car, I sold her back to them so my brother could drive her to high school. She's in the family, and maybe someday I will buy her back.
4. I LOVE the color red. Red nail polish, red curtains, red sweaters... love it all. And I am physically attracted to the color pink. Specifically pink gingham in a little girls room.
5. I named my little boy James Newell for his two grandfathers and my brother. And my little girl Annabelle Sue for dear Anne, "Bell" for my grandmother who died before I was born, and Sue for her two grandmothers. Quite meaningful names, I'd say.
6. I love to dance. I really, really love to dance. I was a ballerina in my younger years, but never really got crazy into it or anything. I took a dance class in college, and enjoyed it immensely. I USED to go dancing at barn dances in Paso and at the Grad (the only place to go dancing for miles) with friends, but I can't convince the hub that these are wholesome places of establishment. Maybe he's right. Regardless, given any opportunity, I will dance. Even if it is a bit awkward. Like for instance at Mormon wedding receptions with the florescent lights and the majority of the guests sitting down staring and I'm the only one over age 5 out there dancing. Dance on, I say. Dance on. We could all use a little free-spiritedness every now and again. Side note: this has never really happened, I do have self-restraint. I am just speaking hypothetically.
7. I was engaged before Adam. Yes-- a ring, wedding plans, wedding dress. No invitations sent out, which is a very good thing. It was a painful thing to go through and I was really young, but I think it helped me mature just a little and gave me a better idea of what I wanted in a guy.
8. Adam asked me to marry him from an airplane which he was flying. He worked hard for weeks making huge letters saying: "Marry Me Olivia" and he placed them on a grassy field so that I could see them from the airplane. While flying, he asked me to look down. It took me a second to read the words and grasp the moment, but when I looked up he had my ring in his hands and asked if I'd marry him. He's a pretty sweet guy.
9. I worked 25+ hours a week, earned my degree in Communication Studies from Cal Poly, was engaged-broke off engagement-fell for wonderful Adam Lyman-and dated lots and lots of great guys in between, got married in the Oakland Temple, and had my two babies all before the ripe age of 25. I just didn't fit in a mission, darn it, and I think I would've liked it. I was a pretty busy girl.
And last, but not least... okay maybe it really is least important:
10. I have probably kissed over 100 guys. Don't judge. I just don't see kissing as that big of a deal. I know alot of people want their first kiss to be at the altar of marriage or something, but I've never been that way (obviously). I like guys, I think there are really nice ones out there, and when they take you out on a fun date, it's only fair to give them a little smooch for all their effort. And it gives you perspective. Clears things up you might say.
So there you have it. Alright, if you read my blog, consider yourself tagged.
4 comments:
I still think the way adam asked you to marry him is the sweetest thing ever!!
You never cease to make me laugh Olivia:). I love #10- hilarious! Kudos to Adam for his proposal - very awesome!! I expect to see you cutting a rug on the dance floor at the next reception :).
You are too funny lil' sis! I love reading your blog because I swear it's like I am in the same room with you talking to me. And I think your webbed too is endearing.
Wow, I just learned so much!! Is that okay?? Must be, it's on your blog! I love how Adam proposed, you certainly have a keeper there!!
Olivia, you make me smile!!
Post a Comment