Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Homemade Carbs Are The Best
























Yesterday, the children and I turned the kitchen into "Livy's Bakery" and spent the morning making homemade bread and cookies. I didn't get my shower until noon, but we had a delightful time despite the smell. Just kidding, the only smell wafting about the house was that of tasty treats in the oven! The bread was a little more tedious than a usual bread recipe, I would say, in that the recipe called for melting butter, milk, and sugar in a saucepan beforehand and cooling to lukewarm before adding to the mixing bowl. And things like that. But, it was soooo worth it. It was delicious!

As I popped the two loaves in the oven, I had the insane desire for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and so we fired up the mixer and started in. We ran out of white flour, so we used whole wheat. The cookies didn't seem to mind a bit... they were also rather scrumptious!


Annabelle insisted on helping with the dishes. She said she wanted to get rid of the icky's in the sink so daddy wouldn't think it was gross. How thoughtful.

6 comments:

Sariah Price said...

What a fun day!! And what a sweet thoughtful girl.

Beth and Brittany said...

you have inspired me. Im thinking banana bread and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, though in my half i'll put in butterscotch chips. My favorite is when the banana bread is cooled you pop it in the toaster and spread with butter, Yum. I better get to it! By the way when is your wards halloween party?

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Friday night, the 30th. I'm not sure what time, but I know there's dinner because it's a chili cook-off. Why, are you guys thinking of coming? That would be so fun! It would be great to see you!!

Beth and Brittany said...

Bummer, yeah I was thinkin of coming, our ward isn't having one! The bummer part is that we will be at Disneyland that weekend, I was hoping it was the weekend before. Oh well I guess I bought a Nemo costume for nothing! I would love to come visit the ward though. We usually come down to my mom's once a month. So maybe soon :)

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Dang it! Have Logan wear the Nemo costume to Disneyland. That would be oh so cute! Have fun at Disneyland, and yes come visit soon!

Sarah and John Root said...

Yummy! All your goodies look delicious! Do you want to trek with the kids and Zeke and I to Marie Callender's for lunch next week...I'm thinking potato cheese soup and pie? Let me know :)