Here comes the train!Annabelle turned three in February!! We had a fabulous weekend up in the Bay Area. My sis lives in Palo Alto and my dad is working up there right now too and living in the Santa Cruz mountains. So, we went up to celebrate with everyone! My parents took us on an old-time train ride at Roaring Camp up into the mountains. It was a crisp, sunshiny, winter day and so, so beautiful!! Anna loves trains, so this was the perfect way to celebrate her birthday!


I had to take a pic of this guy! He was the ticket collector. Isn't he great with his cap, plaid flannel scarf, and goggles?
This is the old trestle that burned down in 1976. My parents went on this train ride when they were newly weds in 1975, and they went over this high trestle and my mom was so scared! She only agreed to go this time because it no longer exists as part of the train ride :).

Later, we made a "princess choo choo train cake" per her request. My mom and I were like, what? How in the world are we going to make that? Well, this is what we came up with and she was delighted! Anna is such a sweet lady. She is kind-hearted and cooperative and nice to others.
Anna loves boys. She gets so excited when daddy comes home and wants sit next to him at the dinner table and always asks for him to put her to bed at night. Like I mentioned, my dad works up north during the week, and when he comes home on the weekends, she runs to him and kisses him all over the face. Then she sits in his lap and won't get down for hours. She follows her brother around all day, even sitting and waiting for him while he goes to the bathroom. She gives him loves all day. What a lucky brother to have her!
Anna wants to be a doctor when she grows up. She always says, "just like Uncle Kevin!".
Anna loves playing dress-up and with her toy kitchen. In fact, she had me move her kitchen into my kitchen so that it would be more realistic and she could cook right alongside mommy. She picks her outfits out and loves putting together ensembles, trying to match colors. It always involves tights, her red velvet skirt with the netting around the bottom, and her pink and turquoise striped shirt. Always. They are her favorites.
Anna's favorite color is pink and she loves food. She will always try something new and she likes many different things from chinese food to mexican to the spinach and fruit smoothies I make! She is a tiny girl, she still wears some 24 month pants and only weighs 26 pounds.
The other day, I was so frustrated with the messy house and I asked her why she always made such big messes. She answered: "I'm just three mom, I'm a little kid. Don't you know I'm supposed to make messes?"
We love you Annabelle Sue!!


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Annabelle!!
Wow, I can't believe she's three already! They grow up SO fast.
PS: I've finally started a blog. Come by and check it out sometime. :)
http://ourpricelife.blogspot.com/
She is so cute and fun! That is very cute how she wanted a princess train cake. That must have been a dream to see the real choo choo train in Felton. I love her face in the cake pic. And James' in the sheriff pic. Too funny!
Post a Comment