We've known about the Serenity Swing up Poly Canyon ever since our days at Cal Poly and have hiked around there plenty of times, but have never made it all the way to the swing. So we embarked on this adventure a couple weekends ago, when the sun was poking out after a rainy week! We ended up ankle-deep in mud & rain water at one point, but oh, it was breathtakingly beautiful with green hills & fresh, crisp air! I'm a big baby when it comes to outdoor physical activities, but the views were gorgeous & so worth it!
![]() |
| do you see that oak tree on top of that mountain off in the distance? the swing hangs in that tree, and I swear the trail is steeper than it seems! |
I must admit, Anna & I did not make it to the top. We missed out on the joy of the swing. We just couldn't scale up that torrential mountain for fear of slipping on the rocks & sliding all the way down! There were groups of girls slowly making their way up there, some sliding back down on their rear ends, others running straight up it with no problem, guys on their mountain bikes riding along that ridge, and honestly my hat's off to them all, but like I said, I'm a baby when it comes to adventures in the great outdoors.
James & Adam made it did though, and loved it!
Us girls promised each other we'll make it next time :).

No comments:
Post a Comment